December 15, 2010

on the third day of christmas...

On the THIRD day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
a pair of red Swarovski  crystal earrings
AND...
a custom photo ornament from Jennifer Enns Photography.  Check out her great stuff here.
Write a review about Marni LuHu Designs to WIN! (this is open to EVERYONE... even if you have never purchased from Marni LuHu!)


As it is nearing Christmas, it makes me a little panicky to think of all the things I still need to do...wrap presents, BUY presents, make some Toffee Tarts (a family fave), write Christmas cards (which will probably end up being New Year's cards), and the list goes on as long as Santa's!  In the midst of the panic, I started thinking about Christmas traditions...

One of the best family traditions we have is to each get new ornaments every year that represent something from our current year.  Most years, we find more than one and want to capture a moment in time.  This year, we were so fortunate to go to Hawaii for a dance competition of all things.  While there, we found ornaments for Dale and Sidney at the Dole Plantation and I chose not to get one because I had seen one I loved on a previous day.  Of course, when I went back to get it ...it was gone! 
So, I decided to make my own this year and I love how it turned out.  I used a starfish I brout back from Waikiki and had some shells and beads that I glued on.

What Christmas Traditions do you and your family have?



No comments:

Post a Comment