So go to FB and tags some photos!
The other day, I was talking about family Christmas traditions and how we always get ornaments to add to our tree for each member of the family (including the four-legged ones!) that represented the current year. Another tradition I have been doing since the first year we got married is to make Toffee Tarts. They are delicious, easy to make and you never have to worry about having any left over...they are a hit wherever you bring them! I hope you set aside a little time to try these...
***Toffee Tarts ***
36 Mini Tart Shells
(you can make your own if you wish, but WHY?)
2 bags of MacIntosh Toffee
(the kind we used to eat when we were kids that would pull your fillings out ;( )
1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk
Hershey's Mini Kisses
1) First, follow the instructions on the box and bake the mini tart shells until golden brown (about 10 min).
2) Unwrap toffee squares and melt in a saucepan on low, mixing in 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk. This take a bit of time because it has to be gradual as if you heat it too fast, the toffee will get hard. Eventually, it will look like this:
3) Pour toffee mixture into mini tarts carefully and tap your tray so you get all of the air bubbles out.
4) Before they cool too much, place a Mini Hershey Kiss on top. Yumm!
5) Ta Da! The tarts are done. I will usually freeze them to make sure they don't all get eaten up before company comes but also to set them. they taste fantastic right out of the freezer too! ENJOY!
Happy Friday Everyone!